August 27, 2009
Taylor Bright Interview
1. Who are some of your greatest music influences? Who do you love?
2. Ah, some of our absolute favs as well! How would you describe your sound?
I would describe my sound as Pop/Rock.
3. How did you get started in music?
I started in musical theater at the age of 10. Soon, I quickly fell in love with the music industry. I then started to write my own music and melodies.
4. What gets you on stage? What inspires you?
I want people to hear my music, and hear my point of view. The crowd, people dancing, singing and having fun. For that moment, they have forgotten anything else that might be troubling them.
5. What do you want to accomplish with your music?
I want to help to bring about change with my music and inspire other people to do what they love. I want to bring attention to causes that I care about like Free the Children, and get more kids involved with volunteer work. I want to sing music people can relate to and I also want to present new ideas.
6. What’s the one performance or professional moment that stands out for you?
My first national tour in theater. It was the best experience of my life so far and I loved the interaction with the audiences all over the country.
7. What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs?
Most of my songs are about relationships with young people, best friends, and dreams.
8. What has been your biggest challenge as an artist?
My biggest challenge as an artist is to keep grounded and to keep a sense of self.
9. What’s your music making process like?
I usually write the lyrics first, and then the melody. Then I may spend time with the song and come back to it as new ideas come to me until I feel it’s complete.
10. What is “success” for you?
Success for me is to feel like I… believe in the song I’m singing and the audience can feel and experience it.
11. How can fans gain access to your music? Do you have a Web site or demo out?
12. Are you using the Web for promotion? If so, how?
13. What advice would you give to up and coming artists?
I would tell up and coming artists to keep working hard, keep pushing, even when a door seems to close, to follow your dreams, and to always remember who you are, and where you came from.
14. When’s your next show and why should people be there?
I am currently touring this summer on the Camplified tour series. The schedule can be found on my Web site at www.taylorbright.com, then I have several performances in September and onward. I think people should attend my performances because it’s a lot of fun, and very interactive. It will make them smile!
Posted by A. Sogal at 9:31 am